Pages

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Crockpot Parmesan Garlic Chicken with Orzo

If you guys haven't heard of the blog How Sweet It Is you need to check it out. Jessica has a wonderful variety of recipes and I love that the majority of them have a few simple ingredients that I typically have in my house. I love her writing style and she takes beautiful pictures of all of her food.

I've been wanting to use my crockpot all winter and finally came across a simple recipe on How Sweet It Is last week: Crockpot Parmesan Garlic Chicken with Orzo. Jackpot!

I was a little nervous leaving my crockpot on all day while going to work but luckily my house was still standing by the time I got home. 




Recipe adapted from How Sweet It Is


WHAT YOU WILL NEED:



3-4 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
4 tablespoons olive oil
6 tablespoons dry white wine
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon dried basil  **I didn't have basil so I used oregano**
1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
1/4 cup finely grated parmesan cheese + 2 tablespoons
box of orzo
3/4 cup vegetables of your choice  **I used broccoli**

If you can, the night before season chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Whisk together 3 tablespoons olive oil, parmesan cheese, basil, parsley, garlic and 3 tablespoons of wine in a bowl. Place chicken in a large ziplock bag, then pour marinade over top and coat chicken. Keep in the fridge overnight.
The next morning, place chicken in your crockpot with 3 tablespoons of wine. 

Cook on low for 8 hours. 

Shred the chicken with 2 forks - it should be super tender from cooking in the crockpot all day!

Prepare the orzo according to directions and cook your vegetable of choice. Once cooked, add as much or as little as you want to the shredded chicken. Add in your vegetable. Mix in the remaining olive oil, parmesan and salt and pepper if desired. 

Serve with additional grated parmesan cheese.

If you have any good crockpot recipes please share them with me!! Thanks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment