Pages

Monday, December 26, 2011

Pea Puree and Tomato Crostini

My friends Lauren and Matt have a holiday party every year - it's ALWAYS too much fun :) 

This year I wanted to make these Pea Puree and and Tomato crostini. 1) Because it was red and green and festive for the holiday and 2) It is delicious. 

I would know because I stole the recipe from my friend Krista at Lillian and Alice who made them for a get together I had over the summer.



What you will need:

  • 1 10oz bag of frozen peas - defrosted
  • 1 garlic clove peeled
  • 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • Pepper to taste
  • 1/3 cup olive oil
  • 1 day old loaf of french bread
  • More olive oil for brushing
  • 1 pint of cherry tomatoes - quartered
  • 3/4 cup of pine nuts
  • 1 lemon

If you don't have day old bread take a fresh loaf, slice into 1/2 inch slices and toast in the oven at 300F for 10 minutes.





Toast the pine nuts over a medium low heat until golden brown. I burned mine because I got distracted. I always burn them.

Set them aside.




Quarter the tomatoes. Also set aside.




Place the thawed peas, garlic clove and parmesan cheese in a food processor. Season with salt and pepper.







Pulse to chop then slowly stream in the olive oil until you get the consistency you want.





 Brush each side of the bread with olive oil.






Place on a hot grill pan for 2-3 minutes per side.








Top with the pea puree, tomatoes, and toasted pine nuts. Squeeze fresh lemon juice on top when ready to serve.






Some of us at the party :)



No comments:

Post a Comment