Pages

Monday, November 12, 2012

Not Your Typical Stove Top Stuffing


Stuffing is just one of those things I have no interest in making from scratch.

Growing up we always ate Stove Top and I have no complaints! I think it's great.

However, there are ways take ordinary Stop Top and add a gourmet twist. There are countless ways to do it but this time I added sautéed celery, chicken stock and dried cranberries.

It was a huge hit for something quick and easy to make. This will definitely be on my Thanksgiving menu this year!






WHAT YOU WILL NEED:

  • 1 box of Stop Top stuffing - I used Chicken flavor
  • 1 1/2 cups of chicken broth
  • 5 tablespoons of butter
  • 3 celery stalks
  • 1/2 cup dried cranberries






Dice the celery and saute with 1 tablespoon of butter in a large pot until soft (approx.  4-5 minutes)






Add the chicken stock and remaining 4 tablespoons of butter. Bring to a boil.







Once boiling, add the contents of the stuffing pouch. Cover the pot and remove from the heat. Let stand for 5 minutes.

Add the dried cranberries and fluff with a fork.






See quick and easy!  






1 comment: