They were so easy to make and were a HUGE hit at my office. I have already passed on the recipe to 3 other people who want to make them for the holidays. I think they are best served cold so I kept them in the fridge until it was time to serve them.
Recipe and image courstesy of Betty Crocker:
- pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker® oatmeal cookie mix
- **I couldn't find plain oatmeal cookie mix in my grocery store so I used oatmeal chocolate chip and I think it made the squares even better!!**
- cup crushed gingersnap cookies
- cup finely chopped pecans
- cup cold butter or margarine
- packages (8 oz each) cream cheese, softened
- **I used low fat cream cheese**
- cup sugar
- cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- tablespoons Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- tablespoons whipping cream
- cup chocolate topping
- cup caramel topping
- 1Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, stir together cookie mix, crushed cookies and pecans. Cut in butter, using pastry blender or fork, until mixture is crumbly. Reserve 1 cup mixture for topping. Press remaining mixture in bottom of ungreased 13x9-inch pan. Bake 10 minutes. Cool 10 minutes.
- **I did this step in a food processor and cut the cold butter in at the end**
- 2Meanwhile, in large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Add remaining filling ingredients; beat until well blended. Pour over warm cookie base. Sprinkle with reserved topping.
- 3Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until center is set. Cool 30 minutes. Refrigerate about 2 hours or until chilled.
- 4Before serving, drizzle with chocolate and caramel toppings. For bars, cut into 6 rows by 4 rows. Store covered in refrigerator.