Pages

Friday, November 4, 2011

Girls night!

My friends and I started a new tradition this past month of having girls dinner and going to trivia every Tuesday night at Stats Bar and Grille in South Boston. It is within steps from my house and we love their food and amazing drinks. You have to try the Shipyard Pumpkin beer with a shot of vanilla vodka in it. They even rim the glass with cinnamon and sugar! So delicious!! 



Last week we decided to go Italian and one of my friends picked up some great items from Trader Joe's. We started off with some pita crackers, White Stilton cheese with cranberries, sliced salami and of course wine! The cheese was similar to goat cheese in taste and texture but did not have as much tang. 


For our salad we had spinach with pecans and blue cheese with a balsamic dressing. It actually came as a salad in a bag but you would never know it was so good! Then we made fresh tortellini from the refrigerated section with a tomato basil sauce. Last, we bought a loaf of ciabatta bread and I made garlic bread out of it. 

I always get a lot of compliments on my garlic bread and that is because of my secret ingredient...SUGAR! I take the loaf of bread and drizzle olive oil on it. Next I cut a garlic clove in half and rub it into the bread. I then mince the clove and spread it on top of the bread. If you do not have fresh garlic just spread on jarred minced garlic or sprinkle on dried garlic seasoning. Then I sprinkle on a mix of grated parmesan cheese and shredded mozzarella. Drizzle on a little more olive oil on top and sprinkle with dried parsley flakes. Last sprinkle a little sugar on top and bake in the oven at 350 F for 15 to 20 minutes. The sugar gives the bread just a touch of sweetness and I promise you people will notice a difference :)



2 comments: