Pages

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

DIY: Nail Polish & House Keys Facelift Project



I've seen the idea to paint keys different colors all over Pinterest. 

When I first moved into my house (5 years ago this April - CRAZY!!) I had keys made at Home Depot. I chose keys that were different colors to distinguish what door they were for but over the years the color wore off. 

This weekend I decided to paint them and they actually came out really good!


From left to right I used:

N.Y.C French White Tip, Essie Tart Deco, Essie Where's My Chauffeur, and Nicole by O.P.I The Next CEO (on the bottom half of all the keys).






I am currently obsessed with turquoise right now and white/gold is one of my favorite go-to color combinations for everything from clothes and jewelry to home decoration.

Am I such a nerd to say I love my newly painted keys?







If you are going to try this out I would suggest putting a piece of tape where you want one color to end and the next color to start to get a nice straight line. Paint one half of the key and let dry. Re-tape on the line and paint the other half of the key.

Let dry overnight and do the same for the other side of the key.





1 comment: